Shipping & Receiving Questions
Where Do You Ship To?
We ship directly to your house via fedex in the 48 continental states.
How Does Delivery Work?
Delivery is overnight (same day in some locations) via courier, right to your doorstep. Someone will need to be home to make sure the flowers get placed in water as soon as possible! It’s important to schedule your flowers to arrive a couple days before your wedding, to allow the flowers time to open up, and to give wiggle room for the (super small slim chance) that there is a shipping delay
How Much Does Shipping Cost?
Our flat rate is $35 on shipping fresh flowers – We ship anywhere in the US! If you place an order for $750 or more, shipping is waived!
Should I Refrigerate My Flowers?
The answer is no! The best temp for flowers is between 18 and 21 degree’s Celsius(65 – 69 degrees fahrenheit). There are only a few rare cases that you might consider refrigeration (on the warmest setting – with your veggies/fruit sealed up)
Delicate flowers (i.e. anemones/ranunculus/dahlias) have a short vase life. Keeping them in the fridge may help extend vase life and reduce browning
If some of your flowers are opening quicker than you’d like – the fridge will slow the opening process
Arrangements that aren’t able to be hydrated (i.e. boutonnieres/corsages/flower crowns) can be stored in the fridge, to help extend their lifespan
Some Of My Flowers Look Sad And Dehydrated, What Do I Do?
- Take a breath, cut the stems, and put them in water. The flowers get a bit tired from travelling and need some time to have a sip of water, relax, and perk up.
- If your flowers don’t perk up within two hours, take a photo and send us an email (email@example.com) and we’ll assess what’s going on. All photos must be received within 24 hours or the claim won’t be accepted.
- Loosing a few stems (5-7%) is unavoidable and just a fact of life (like taxes and cleaning your house…)
- Embrace variation. Flowers are a natural, variable product… they’re unique and each a bit different, meaning that they might be a bit different than the photos – subtle difference between blooms is how flowers roll.
- Realize imperfections are a part of life. Nothing in life is perfect (except for evenings spent watching Netflix, drinking wine, and eating chocolate), especially nature. Minor imperfections such as spots and curvy spines is A-ok. Read our flower care section to learn about how to prep your blooms (for example, roses have guard petals that are ugly and are meant to be removed)
Can You Help Me Create My Design?
If you need help bringing your pinterest board vision to life, you can book a design consult and we’ll go over everything and give you tips and tricks (a small fee applies). If you just have a question or two, feel free to drop us an email!
Do I Have To Be Home To Receive My Flowers?
It is highly recommended to have someone at home to receive your flowers, as it is up the the shippers discretion if they will leave the flowers on your front porch, or return them to the depot for delivery the next day (an additional fee might apply for this). If you have to leave the house for any reason, we suggest leaving a note on your front door.
Your flowers are living things and need to be put in water ASAP, so leaving them waiting may cause them to die.
When Should I Start Arranging?
Below is a suggested timeline, but like all suggestions, they can be adjusted!
Day 1: Prep and hydrate all your flowers
This usually takes 1-2 hours
Day 2: Make your arrangements!
Most couples take between 2-5 hours arranging, but it totally depends on how many helper you have, how many flowers you order, and how many glasses of wine you have!
Day 3: Make boutineers/flower crowns
Because these arrangements will be out of water, you want to make them as close to your date as you can.
How Do I Take Care Of My Flowers?
We’ve got a few resources to help you care for your flowers, check out our blog post here, or if you’re more visual person– we’re got a few videos!”
How Do I Store My Arrangements After I Make Them?
Flowers are living breathing things, so they need water – forget about water, and your flowers will be very very sad. We’ve written a detailed blog about how to care for your flowers, check it out here.
How Do I Know What Flowers Are Available?
All the flowers on our website (with a few exceptions) are available year around. We source locally when possible (and in season) and import (generally from South America) when outside the local growing season.
When Might A Substitution Happen?
Flowers are perishable, so occassionally, a flower comes to us from the farm and they aren’t up to snuff… or perhaps there is a bizarre weather event that impacts the flower crop. In that case, if the flower you desire is not available, we will email (or call) you and let you know what substitutions are available to you.
When Should I Place My Order?
You can place your order whenever you like! Ordering in advance locks in current prices and improves availability.
The cut-off for orders for weddings/large fresh flower orders is 3 weeks prior to your event. If your wedding falls on the week of a major floral holiday (i.e. Mothers Day/Valentines/etc), more advance notice is needed to place your order, at least 6 weeks. If you have a last minute request, contact us and we may be able to accommodate it.
What Day Should I Get My Order?
If your wedding/event is on a Saturday, we recommend getting the order on a Wednesday, to give the flowers time to open, and to give a buffer in the unlikely case there are any concerns with your order, or delays in shipment.
Can I Special Order A Type Of Greenery/Flower?
If you’re looking for a specific type of greenery or flower that’s not listed on our website, contact us, we may be able to provide it!
Is There A Minimum Order?
Yes, $400, however, note that flowers/greenery are sold in bunches, rather than individual stems
Do You Offer Arranging?
No – we cater to the DIY’er!
Terms & Conditions
- If you cancel a minimum of 21 days (3 weeks) before the event, there is a 10% hold back (to account for credit card fees/etc).
- If you cancel between 8 and 20 days before your event, there is a 75% hold back.
- Cancellations within 7 days before your event will have zero refund.
This cancellation policy is due to the fact that flowers are pre-ordered far in advance and are unable to be cancelled when close to an event, they’ve already been reserved for you at the farm and may even be on their way in transit to the warehouse. Cancellations must be sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Expect to have loss of 5-7% of product due to wilting, damage in shipping, browning, etc (you’re purchasing a wholesale product, so not every bud will be perfect).
- Expect slight colour variations, as colours vary naturally depending on time of year, available supply, growing conditions, etc (i.e., a medium vs dark shade of red is okay, an orange or pink instead of red is cause for refund).
- Reasonable substitutions may be necessary in unforeseen circumstances (i.e., product is not available from grower due to poor crop output). In the event of substitution, you will be contacted to discuss the potential substitution options
- It’s important that you contact us within 24 hours of your delivery if there are any issues with the order (i.e damaged flowers, major colour discrepancies, or missing bunches) so we can rectify the situation – either by replacing the product in time for your event or issuing a refund.
- If there is a courier delay, we are not able to control that and cannot cancel your order once its on the road. Make sure that you have your flowers scheduled to arrive 2-3 days before your wedding so that you aren’t in a pickle if FedEx has a hitch!
Have Any Questions?
Please let us know how we can help you